Once in your life, you must have heard the line “prevention is better than cure.” I agree with this thought because it’s not hard to prevent yourself, but it is hard to cure the disease. The treatment of any illness consumes both time and money. Sickness brings a lot of pain and discomfort with it. Not only these, but it also makes your loved ones and close ones feel depressed.
All these factors suggest that you must keep yourself prevented from germs and viruses. And the best way to keep yourself protected is hand wash. You must clean your hands frequently. The proper cleaning of hands kills the bacteria, and they will not enter your body.
How Germs Spread?
The most common way of transmission of bacterias is touching the infected area. All the primary tasks of our body are done with the help of our hands. When we touch any surface, the virus present on the surface comes on our hand and then enters our body. The germs can enter your body in the below situations.
- Touching nose, mouth and eyes without washing hands
- Preparing drinks, food and eating without wiping your hands.
- Coughing and sneezing on hands and then touching other objects and people without cleaning hands.
When Should I Wash My Hands?
Washing hands must be a crucial part of your routine, especially in this pandemic of Covid-19. This deadly virus also spread from one person to another. Hence, it is essential to wash your hands in the following conditions.
- Before and After having a meal.
- Before, After and while preparing the food.
- Before and After treating an injury or cut.
- Before and After getting in touch with the person having symptoms of Covid-19, cold, diarrhoea, and other contagious diseases.
- After coughing, sneezing and cleaning the nose.
- After changing diapers.
- After using your toilet.
- After touching and disposing of garbage.
- Before and After touching pets and animals.
- Before and After handling pet food.
Steps To Wash Hands With Soap
Cleaning of hands is a simple process, and it will only take a few seconds. We must encourage people to wash hands with soap. Follow the below points to wipe your hands properly.
- Wet your hands with clean water. Water can be cold or hot doesn’t matter.
- Apply soap over wet hands. Now rub the soap between your hands and form lather. Apply the foam on the backside and between your fingers. Also, apply the lather under your nails.
- Continuously scrub your hands for 20-seconds. Aim to clean every part of your hand.
- Now rinse your hands under clean running water.
- Lastly, dry your hands with the help of an air dryer or a clean towel.
Benefits Of Cleaning Hands
- Regular cleaning of hands provides a germ-free and healthy environment. A healthy environment helps in the fight against diseases.
- Cleaning of hands keeps us safe from diseases like cold and flu.
- It reduces the spread of eye and respiratory tract infections.
- If your children have a habit of cleaning their hands, then it will boost their strength.
- Food prepared with clean hands increases immunity and lowers the growth of foodborne germs.
Should I use antibacterial soap to wash my hands?
Many individuals think that usage of antibacterial soap will prevent them more from the germs. But according to the FDA(Food And Drug Association), it is not true at all. There is no scientific proof that claims the use of antibacterial soap is better than ordinary soap. We suggest you only use regular soaps for cleaning purposes. But if soap and water are unavailable, you can use alcohol-based sanitisers for the cleaning of germs. The sanitiser must contain at least 60% of alcohol.