Your time is short so it makes sense you want to prepare meals that are quick. With that in mind, here are three quick healthy meals that take 12 minutes or less to prepare, starting with breakfast and ending with dinner.
A Morning Omelet
Having eggs can be a great way to start the day and the best part is that they do not take long to prepare. Ingredients for this morning riser include:
- 2 large eggs (can substitute with 3 large egg whites)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped bell peppers
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Among quick healthy meals, this omelet is a great way to start your day. Total time to prepare from prepping to cooking should take no more than 10 minutes. Steps include:
- Pour coconut oil in non-stick pan and spread across the surface. Turn burner onto medium heat.
- As the pan heats up, cut your onions and peppers and measure out your spices. Break eggs into bull and scramble, adding the spices to the mixture.
- Add eggs into pan once it has heated up and wait for about a minute or until egg starts to solidify.
- Place the other ingredients over one half of the egg and let cook for about another minute more or until entire bottom of egg seems solid.
- Flip over the uncovered half to make an omelet shape and flip as needed until cooked.
A Midday Wrap
As you get into the afternoon, you want a healthy mixture of good fats and your fair share of veggies to get you through the day. With that in mind, a good wrap will do the trick nicely. Ingredients for this wrap include:
- 1 whole wheat wrap (can substitute with wrap of your choice)
- 4 tbsp hummus
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped spinach (can substitute greens of your choice)
- ½ tsp garlic
- ½ tsp pepper
- Other seasoning as desired.
This is great for quick healthy meals as it also works for vegetarians or vegan eaters. Preparation is simple and takes well under 12 minutes. Steps include:
- Spread hummus over wrap.
- Chop tomatoes and spinach and sprinkle over the surface of the wrap.
- Add seasoning and wrap.
An Evening Salad
Of course, you need to account of a dinner as well, and this healthy salad is simple and easy to prepare. Ingredients for this salad include:
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of mixed greens
- 2 tsp flax seed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup baby tomatoes, sliced in half
- Seasoning as desired
The foundation of this salad includes the healthy fat you get from the olive oil and flax seed as well as the cleansing effects of the spinach and other greens. For this reason, you can create some variety for other quick healthy meals. If you decide you do not feel like baby tomatoes, you might substitute green peppers and onions or other variations. Furthermore, season the salad as you desire, though pepper and garlic are a good start. Preparation takes around 5-10 minutes and steps include:
- Mix spinach and other greens into salad bowl.
- Slice the baby tomatoes and add into bowl. Also add the flax sead into the mixture.
- Pour in 1 tbsp of olive oil and add some of the seasoning.
- Toss salad and add additional seasoning as well as the rest of the olive oil.
- Add lemon juice for final touch.